Job Title: Futures Broker/Trader
Abbott Futures is a full service commodity brokerage firm offering potential brokers rock solid research and competitive pricing. Brokers at Abbott Futures have an average of 20 years of trading experience, making them some of the most seasoned in the industry. We work with a wide range of people from novices to experienced traders, farmers or producers looking to hedge and speculators looking for profit.
Currently, Abbott Futures is seeking additional brokers for the following branch offices: Minneapolis (MN), Park Rapids (MN), Dayton (MN), Sioux Falls (SD), and Garretson (SD). We are looking for experienced brokers that are highly motivated to develop a strong book of business. Abbott Futures will assist in the development of a successful commodities trading career through providing each broker with highly competitive commission rates as well as access to the latest technology in regards to charting patterns and trends, fundamental research, and filling orders.
- Develop new customers to grow existing customer base
- Communicate with clients on market changes/sell signals/options as necessary
- Be available for customer calls and questions when in the office or out of the office
- Assist customers in the formulation and implementation of appropriate hedging strategies.
- Execute futures and options transactions specifically requested by the customer
- Develop/maintain up to date records of customer information in contact management software system
- Contact customers on timely basis to obtain margin money when needed
- Comply with all industry regulations and company rules
- Conduct radio/print/media/TV appearances as opportunities exist to promote both broker and firm
- Conduct marketing seminars to promote individual portfolio growth and promote firm image and growth
- Contribute to publications/recorded services/other promotions as needed to build business
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in finance, business, economics, accounting, or mathematics preferred
- Currently hold a Series 3 License
- Prior sales/client relations/account executive experience preferred
- Prior work experience related to futures and options trading/hedging preferred
- Must have proven ability to develop long term relationships with clients via phone/face-to-face/written communication
- Strong prospecting skills (i.e. networking, seminars, or cold calling)
- Proven ability to excel in a high-stress and fast-paced work environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Broker Employment”.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Abbott Futures. Only qualified individuals will be contacted for an interview.
Roy E. Abbott Futures, Inc. is an Introducing Broker of ADM Investor Services, Inc.
Roy E. Abbott Futures, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It considers applicants and its employees for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, gender, pregnancy or related condition, age, national origin, disability, medical condition, marital or veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local civil rights laws.